Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Thoughts From Vicki

I've only been here about a day and a half and already I can tell that I made the right choice in coming here. Just the worship services alone have been amazing. I can really feel God's presence. Also, the people here are so awesome. Even though we're from different parts of the country, we all are here for the same purpose. It is amazing to see so many people in the same place on fire for God.

Last night (Night #1) during the van ride part of our evening I was the designated Navigator for our van the 'Funky Chicken.' It was interesting experience, since I did not know where a majority of the places were, many of them were not even on the maps we had and the guide for the map was all messed up. But it was still a really cool experience. Our first actual pick-up (first was a no-show) got in to a really good discussion with Johnathan and the other people in the back. We ended up going around the block again and then sat on the side of the road for about another five or ten minutes.

After that we had 3 more pick-ups before we were done. Not much discussion was made with those. By the time we got back to our rooms, around 3 am, I was completely beat and fell asleep almost immediately.

No comments: